Victoria & Tasmania
Regular meetings are held throughout the year. Meeting dates for 2018 are as follows:
- Wednesday 21 March - Educational Meeting
- Wednesday 25 July - AGM & Educational Meeting
- Wednesday 28 November - Christmas Scientific Meeting
For more information contact Hilary Oakley (firstname.lastname@example.org).
VIC/TAS Branch Council Members
Chairperson: Ms Sally Kane
Secretary: Ms Hilary Oakley
Treasurer: Ms Sandra code
Council members: Robyn Laurie, Liz Keating, Nathan Pastor, Wendy Hayes
AFOEM VIC Branch Educational Meeting, Monday 19th February 2018, 6pm
The BHP Mental Health Framework
Dr Rob McDonald (BHP); Dr Gregor Schutz (Psychiatrist); Dr Bruce Hocking (AFOEM)
- To be aware of international trends regarding mental health in workplaces
- To be aware of Frameworks like that of BHP
- To understand how the presence of such Frameworks may be leveraged and influence your management of mental illness of varying severity in employees
Pre reading. "Thriving at work." The Farmer – Stevenson UK report (pdf)
- Susan is a 25-year-old the laboratory technician who lives at Port Headland. Today she had an episode at work in which she loudly accused her supervisor and other workers of scheming against her and using a drone to spy on her. She was uncontrollable for 30 minutes and other staff were frightened. Security and then an ambulance was called.
- You are the Dr on call and are contacted regarding a medical evacuation. What are your considerations? (All her previous D&A screens over 5yr were negative.
Date: Monday 19th February 2018
Time: Dinner will be served at 6pm; presentation will start at 7pm
Venue: RACP Victoria, Level 2, 417 St Kilda Rd, Melbourne
Cost: $50 per person to attend in person (includes dinner). Attendance via video conference is free
Registration: To attend in person, please complete the attached registration form and email email@example.com. To attend via video conference, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
RSVP by: Thursday,15th February 2018
VIC/TAS Branch Educational Meeting, Wednesday 21st March 2018
How to use and interpret ultrasound - when to request a hydrodilation
Dr Frank Burke, Radiologist, Victorian House Medical Imaging
About Dr Frank Burke
Dr Frank Burke is a graduate of Monash University and a diagnostic radiologist who specialises in Musculaskeletal Ultrasound. He is in a private practice at Victorian House Medical Imaging in Prahran and has had nearly 30 years’ experience in Musculoskeletal Imaging. Frank has lectured Nationally and Internationally on various topics, and was responsible for developing hydrodilatation as treatment for frozen shoulder (adhesive capsulitis).
Most Melbourne based AFL football teams, Melbourne Storm, Melbourne Rebels, Melbourne Victory, Australian Tennis Open, Australian cricket team and all visiting international ruby teams use Victoria House Medical Imaging. Frank was the Imaging Coordinator for 2006 Commonwealth Games and an attending radiologist at the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney.